Friday, July 20, 2012

We Interrupt This Blog to Bring You . . . Summer!

As you can see, I've been a bit busy! If I promise to blog faithfully during Autumn, will you forgive me?

Quick comment about my clothing--I prefer to wear workout clothes to kayak and swim rather than a swimsuit. They dry quickly and I like the shorts because no swimsuit is kind to us large-thighed women. How are short skirts that don't come close to covering my thighs supposed to help? Am I right? I promise that is not my stomach hanging down but the top billowing out. No really, it is.

We spent the last several days at Panama City Beach. We did everything from riding go carts (that's what happens when you're the only female in the family) to kayaking. The above picture is from our adventure at Cypress Springs on Holmes Creek. Gorgeous place in the middle of nowhere near Vernon, FL. The nice folks at Old Cypress Canoe Rentals were kind enough to shuttle our kayaks and were so friendly. It's a little family business run from their house and they went out of their way to take care of us. In this case that meant picking us up in the middle of a thunderstorm while being just as cheerful as if it was perfectly sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment