Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What Should I Wear to . . . a Country Wedding?

Notes from the Dressing Room
As the stepmother of the groom, I rank in importance just slightly below the birds that eat the birdseed afterwards. While I could probably wear a flour sack and no one would care . . . I love a good excuse for dressing up and shopping as much as the next gal! Besides, our future daughter-in-law is an absolute sweetheart, and I’m excited to add her to the family. It will be a pretty casual wedding in a little country church in June. Fashion rules are pretty relaxed around here and it really just needs to be age-appropriate but cute. I feel too young to wear anything "mother of the bride-ish" and did I mention it will be casual?

My husband is unusually interested in clothing for a man and loves it when I dress up. So I took a few pictures with my phone in the Kohl's dressing room to show him some dresses in the running. 




Now I just need some spanx, a new bra and some awesome new shoes! The only negative is that I found lots of cute orange dresses. Guess what color the bridesmaid's dresses are? Normally I don't even like orange, but it must be one of the hot colors this year and there were lots of cute ones I had to rule out based on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment