Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One Jumbled Up, Mixed Up Blog

I'm still working out exactly what this blog will be. Not too surprising since I'm 44 and still don't know what I'll be when I'm grown up. There is only so much one blog can do and only so many issues one person can take on, right? I mean I can't cover style, Rheumatoid Arthritis, ADHD, depression, self-esteem and body image, child rearing, photography, Christianity, and kayaking, can I? Even though these are all things I deal with almost daily in my real life, wouldn't that make for a jumbled up blog with an identity crisis? Well, I have to say that the bloggers I really enjoy reading give me a picture of their personality and passions. A blog just coldly presenting great outfits would not hold my interest for long. The blog is always planned loosely around my life and what I manage to wrap my body in for the day. All I know to do is be myself in all my jumbled up, Jill-of-all-trades glory.

This wandering post began because I was about to write about how Rheumatoid Arthritis affects my body image because I simply can't obey the pressure to work out harder, push myself to improve my body. This caused me to ask myself where all of this is coming from. Is it the frequent references to workouts and body improvement I see in blogs, magazines, etc.? That's probably part of it. Then I thought that maybe veering off into arthritis might be too far of a departure from my purpose, but really, it's something that I struggle with daily. It's too important to gloss over or ignore. I think this deserves a part 2 when I'm not so tired!

And in case this was just too much,  I'll throw in a cute photo of my assistants.

No comments:

Post a Comment