Friday, March 16, 2012

Clock Tower and "Phlox Hill"

I really need to take more pictures in the historic district near my office. I love to walk on this street on breaks because it has historic houses with old rock walls and all kinds of interesting features. One of my favorite yards is at the bottom of Clock Tower Hill. As far as I know, it doesn't have an official name, but I call it "Phlox Hill". They have an ever changing parade of flowers from spring through summer as different things bloom. In summer the hill is covered in phlox.  And once again cars are going by and I'm not entirely at ease in public. When I saw the lighting on the way to my office, this was just too pretty to pass up and I'm glad I finally got up the courage to pull out my tripod here.
The sweater is a recent thrift store purchase. I had sworn off horizontal stripes since I do NOT need to look wider, but I think it looks just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment