Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back From Camping

Yeah, my poor blog has been neglected so badly lately that I figured one more weekend wouldn't hurt. The hubster, my kids and I took off for the wilds of Lake Alatoona and camped at Sweetwater Creek Campground. It wasn't exactly wilderness, and with our new camper, it wasn't exactly roughing it. However, we managed to unplug the children from video games for 72 hours. In my book, that's a huge success. We kayaked, swam, and grilled. My step-son and his wife even visited for some fishing and a mean game of Rummy. The funny thing is, even though tomorrow is Monday, I have a staff retreat at Lake Lanier. I'm not sure that I'll be able to return to reality come Tuesday!

I took very few pictures which is really, really not like me, but I was very serious about just kicking back and living the experience. Maybe I'll post some later of my kids rolled over in the hammock. Outfit photos? You've got to be kidding. I just had my first bath in 3 days. Yeah, they had 2 shower houses but we just swam in the lake. So not like me! Hopefully the slower summer schedule will have me blogging better from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment