Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Update

I'm feeling slightly better today and we both made it to the office. My only co-worker at our tiny office is having health issues too. Coincidence? I think not. Even though we bought "low VOC" paint, I'm still pinning at least some of this on the fumes. She has the same ridiculous fatigue as me. Then, lucky woman, she can add nosebleeds, a swollen place near her jaw, and a sore on the side of her nose similar to a cold sore.

Feeling a little fuzzy and unfocused!


Still, I can't completely say it's the paint at this point. We have really made sure to open doors and have ventilation as we touch up and paint our doors and that seemed to help. But I had not even been to the office on Monday when I got knocked down by horrible fatigue again. Of course we are 40 ish and 50 ish which means we are both old enough to get tired out way faster than when we were younger. So that might have something to do with it.

But our office looks amazing!











Something is definitely up but like me she is resisting going to the doctor. Hopefully she will go this week since she has some additional symptoms above what I have. I will eventually go, but am resisting because fatigue is already such a big, well-known part of RA. Fatigue also goes along with any and everything, too. So how in the world do you pin it on something particular? Add to that the fact that she and I normally do very little physical labor. During the painting process we have daily been squatting, crawling, climbing scaffolding, reaching and generally contorting ourselves into odd positions all day every day for about a month and a half. Standing is very difficult for me and I have been doing lots of that too. And again, add to the painting that on our off time I have been making a new flower bed and she has been cleaning out her mother's stuff.

Let's just say we are totally exhausted!


I wore a really cute outfit today, but did I take a photo? Um, it was a white tee, red sweater vest, khaki shorts. For fun I threw on a pearl necklace for contrast with the casualness--very cute. Bad, bad blogger. Bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment