Saturday, May 5, 2012

Can a bag make an outfit?

I'm hoping so. This crochet bag is one of my favorite projects so far and I'm very proud. It was fun to make and it's one of the few things I've made with squares and followed through to the end. I'm not a fan of sewing and joining things in crochet, but it turned out not so bad. I was driving past this field--part of my husband's grandfather's farm--and was caught by how great it would be for outfit photos. It would be cool anyway, but then it also has red clover which always reminds me of Tuscaloosa.

"Bummer", I thought, "There's a perfect photo spot and I'm wearing crap." I had on just a plain grey tee and my best mom jeans from where I had been cleaning house. Then I remembered the bag. So I'm placing my trust in this bag to make the outfit . . . or at least to be bright enough to distract everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment