Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dressed for Painting ?

My husband saw this dress and asked, "Hey, I thought you were painting your office today!" Well, the temperatures have been in the high 80's all week and I was just in the mood to wear a floaty, pretty dress. So I figure I can keep painting clothes at the office. I spent about half the day doing paperwork and the rest painting. At the bottom of this post you can check out what I actually wore while painting and my progress so far. 
I'm loving the green in my office, but I'm trying to figure out how to give it some feminine touches. My first thought when I saw it on the walls was "man office". You know, with paintings of ducks, hunting dogs and horses all over the place. Yes, yes, it could easily be decorated all kinds of ways but for some reason that's what I thought of.  Still, it sure beats what our first counseling client to see our counseling room thought. She took one look and said, "Oh wow, it looks like baby poop!" Since I was not able to breastfeed, apparently I was spared that color of poo. Anyway, it looked like a wheat color on the card but I have declared it "honey mustard" and that's what it shall be called henceforth and forevermore. 
 Bracelets I made. The black/grey one is actually polymer clay beads I made. and one of the famous honey mustard rooms is on the right.
 
This is what I actually wore for painting, but it doesn't have a lot of style. I finished the darker green below the chairrail around the fireplace, but can't decide if I like it. It is sort of an algae, duck poopy color when wet, but once it dries I kinda like it. We'll see what others think before I paint the rest of the beadboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment