Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Layering

I don't have a lot of experience layering, except purely functional layering in winter. Yes, I'm far enough north to require layers in winter. However, in the past I didn't give layering much thought as a way to flatter my figure or just have fun combining colors and patterns.

Layering works a little differently in warm Georgia weather. I like layering because of bra issues (more on that later), but shortly after shooting these pictures, temperatures reached the 80's even though it's October. I'm looking forward to fall and winter so I can play with layers. During summer in the South we wear as little as possible in order to survive! Really, you're lucky I put on one layer from June until September.




And the heavens seem to be blessing this outfit, judging from the sun beaming down on me. Note to self, next time think about the sun, sunshine. I was planning for morning sun but I got a late start. So it's more like harsh noonday sun. Do I regroup and wait till later? Move to a better location? Nope, I forge on ahead. That's just the way I roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment