Saturday, October 15, 2011

Surgery Recovery Saturday

Husbands should not have cameras on their phones!

It has been nearly 2 weeks since my surgery and I'm doing much better. Thanks for all the folks who prayed for me . . . and especially thanks to my parents who have been doing our laundry! In the space of just a few days I went from being convinced my body was trying to kill me to being amazed at our bodies' amazing ability to heal. We truly are "fearfully and wonderfully made".

Now if it weren't for sick leave, I wouldn't have had time and energy to sit on my sofa beginning this blog. The down side is that I don't have my usual energy level to put together outfits and photograph myself. So I will do the blogger's version of cheating. I'll link you to some of my favorite women who inspire me.

My Inspiration
First I have to list Sal at Already Pretty. She is the most inspiring to me because her blog includes insights into how our clothing, body image and self confidence are tied together. Plus she rocks some cowboy boots and I want to do that! Next of course comes Kashmira with her blog pattern combos and unusual pairings. Usually I think there's no way I could wear that, but I have played with some pattern combos in my closet that actually work. Last but not least, I have to point you to Fashion for Nerds because I am a nerd and because she works surrounded by scientists. And we all know how famous scientists are for their sense of style! Hi John! (my brother, the chemist).

No comments:

Post a Comment