Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crochet Corner


I've been wanting to do this for a while now. Handmade knit and crochet items are sometimes difficult to style. So I wanted to do a series of posts about wearing handmade items in a flattering way. I have been crocheting for a long time and have made many sweaters and vests without a lot of thought about  how the lines of the item will hit me or whether it will be flattering. I would just think it was a gorgeous piece and want to make it. Recently I've been getting rid of any unflattering ones and being way more choosy when I start on a new project.

This grey sweater has crochet in the middle and knit sleeves. If I remember correctly the middle was crocheted vertically in back loop only half double crochet (for those who care).

 It has some telltale wrinkles from storage where I just got all my winter sweaters out of the attic. Oops! Since we actually had fall this year, I'm just now switching out all my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment