Saturday, December 24, 2011

I just ate cookies!

Last Christmas I was still following a "lifestyle change" that was "not a diet". O.K. my thinking is that whenever someone is telling me what to eat and what not to eat, that is a diet, but that's another story. I had way more success on this particular plan than any others and actually felt better. So I'm truly not complaining, but lets call a spade a spade. Anyway, my point is that last year I cut out my favorite Christmas tradition of making and decorating cookies with the kids. At that point I didn't think I could make them and eat them in moderation. I don't regret that decision, but this year I decided to just enjoy the cookies. I lost 15 lbs. total and learned a whole lot about how different foods affect me. Right now due to scheduling and stress, I'm just maintaining and for right now that's O.K. 

The plan allows for periodic indulging rather than banning junk food altogether forever. However, now that I ate a plate full and totally feel like crap, I remembered that eating junk makes me feel bad. That was the main valuable lesson I learned while on that diet. That knowledge keeps me mostly eating healthy. So in a way I guess it is a lifestyle change now that I'm self-motivated. Still don't B.S. me and tell me it's not a diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment