Saturday, December 10, 2011

What Should I wear to . . . a Meeting?

First you need to know that public speaking terrifies me, and then you  need to know that my job absolutely requires it.  Part of feeling confident is wearing something I feel professional and attractive in. This is maybe not the perfect outfit, but I'd give it about a 7 or 8 out of ten now that I'm second guessing myself after the fact. It's what I wore the other day while presenting to a group, so it's what I'm going with. Ideally I'd like a perfect 10 especially if I'm presenting, but somehow it just wasn't happening that day. I've been playing with fun color coordinations, but I was afraid to stray far from the ordinary and conventional. Maybe that's why I find it sort of, blah. And I had my black Merrill Clogs on in the picture because I wore them for the drive home. For the meeting I actually had some cute taupe flats that helped the outfit a lot.
 I also found it amusing that when I begged my son to take my photo these are the pictures he took below. It took a lot of convincing to get him to photograph dear old Mom and not his cat. After all, Whiskas is always styling no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment