Friday, January 20, 2012

It's About Time

I've had to work late a lot this week which has put a crimp in my blogging style. Last night I spoke at a PTO meeting at an elementary school. It would have been fine except for the fact that I get ridiculously freaked out about speaking in front of large groups. Even so I was pretty psyched up and ready until I realized I had to follow THEM. Yes, I was second in the lineup following a police officer who looked like a slightly shorter Ben Affleck and his K-9 partner. How do you follow that? But I got up there and spoke anyway because sometimes you just have to suck it up and do things you're afraid of.

So far this blog has been good for my confidence. I really thought taking daily outfit photos would make me more self-conscious. I was afraid people would think I was self-centered. I mean, who takes daily photos of herself? Especially tons of photos trying to get a few really flattering ones. But I'm really tired of being afraid. So done with it. It has only taken 44 years, but I'm ready to just be me and dare anyone to say anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment