Saturday, January 14, 2012

You're Not Going To Believe This

My husband actually had a free Saturday today and spent the entire day with me. So we started off with breakfast at noon, but it gets even better than that. He wanted to look for some new work boots, so we headed off to a shoe store together. He likes the same store I do that has new and lightly used high quality shoes. Now I realize that many people already envy my awesome hubby, but a husband that shoe shops? Wow! We did some serious retail bonding and when we returned to his truck, I squeezed his hand and said, "I just feel so close to you right now!" At that point he shot me such a questioning look that I realized, O.K., he's a man that likes to shop but still a man.

And the continuing saga of "Boot Quest" . . .
I'll try to get some photos of our purchases tomorrow. I made another attempt at a black boot in hopes these won't shred my feet. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time with boots. If they in any way squeeze or bind my ankles, they kill my feet. Some that seem totally comfortable at the time, backfire later. Most boots render me barely able to walk the next day, but I love the look of them. So what's a girl to do? Keep buying and one has to eventually work, right? I think I need to put some of the failed boots on ebay because they are barely worn. We ended the day by purchasing a new mattress and box springs. I just happened to mention how well I slept in the hotel last week because of the mattress and he insists on getting a new one. Do I have a wonderful husband or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment