Monday, January 16, 2012

What should I wear for . . . a 4-day training?

Here is what your average social worker looks like after sitting in training all day. That would explain the creases in my pants and extra-casual clothing. As a profession, we aren't exactly known for our fashion sense. I mean, they even had frumpify Mariah Carey to play a social worker. Isn't it bad enough we're always portrayed as sadistic baby snatchers? She looks depressed, burned out and bedraggled, all of which are hazards of our profession, trust me. I'm just lucky enough to work in a setting that I love.  But I digress . . . This outfit is partly due to them announcing "casual dress", partly poor packing for my trip and partly still guarding my feet carefully from any cute shoes. It's kind of a C+ outfit, but I post it anyway because it's real and I want to be real with this. 

And of course I had to include a picture of Stone Mountain. I hadn't seen it since I was 14 and didn't remember it being so big. Every night when I returned to my hotel I commented, "Wow, what a huge rock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment