Monday, February 27, 2012

Crochet Corner--Purple Tunic Adventures


This was one of those multi-purpose outings--photography/new camera practice, outfit photos, and exercise outdoors on a beautiful day. The lake behind Georgia Highlands College was surprisingly busy for February. There were people kayak fishing, walking, and even a guy flying a miniature remote control airplane.





I'm trying to branch out from the auto settings on my camera and the lighting was pretty cool. I'm still amazed at how much easier it is when you're photographing someone else than doing self portraits with a tripod. I can't tell you how many rookie mistakes I made that day. There were several with a giant tripod shadow in the shot, weird shadows across my face, backlit shots (not on purpose), etc. Each one was a learning experience I'm sure! My camera is a Canon SX230 HS and I'm loving it so far even if I am mystified by some of the settings.





No comments:

Post a Comment