Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Clothing Inspiration: Fall Colors

I love fall colors and sweater weather. In the store they had layered this gold shirt and a maroon sweater together. I found it so irresistible that I bought both on the spot. In this case I reversed it with a maroon top as the first layer. Usually button up shirts are too restrictive for me, but this one is soft and comfy.


My job allows for a lot of leeway and creativity in clothing. So if I'm going to court, teaching a class, or attending a meeting, I dress more professionally and conservatively. If we decide to paint the office kitchen crimson, then I dress for that too.


I'm also overcoming my fear of bright colors. I spent a lot of years wearing muted tones because somehow I thought bright colors made it look like I was vying for attention or trying too hard. I don't understand it either and I was the one doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment