Saturday, November 5, 2011

Is Body Image a Spiritual Issue?

It's everywhere I look now. It started with reading a few blogs. Then just prior to my surgery I became fascinated with women and body image. While I was out recovering from surgery, my schedule was free so that I could read more on the subject.
A few weeks ago I was thrilled to hear my favorite Christian radio program Midday Connection announce this program about body image. They even had a panel of guests of different ethnicities. Prior to this I had not given a lot of thought to how someone from a different background would have different experiences and concerns.

We tend to think of appearance as not a very spiritual issue, other than for a list of do's and don'ts. But since our body image is so deeply tied to how we view ourselves and how we approach others, I believe it is a spiritual issue worth considering. We are created by God, and that fact should always reassure us that each person is a work of art. So listen to the program if you dare. Did it change the way you think about this subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment