Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Organizing is fun?


I'm mighty proud of this drawer. Of course the wood glue shows in the flash photo. If my husband had done it, there would be no visible wood glue and it would be done correctly. But where's the fun in that? Me, I just grabbed some balsa wood, glue and an exact-o knife. Presto!

I'm on an organizational kick big time. Since I started taking medication for ADHD about 8 months ago, my organizational abilities suddenly kicked in. I'm on a mission to re-do all the badly planned storage in our house and, believe it or not, I'm kind of having fun. I just wish I could take a week off from work and do it all at once, but that's not going to happen.

Energy to complete the task is another big thing. For whatever reason, things that used to seem insurmountable don't any more. It's not perfect and medication seems to be helping way more at home than at work, but it is helping.

And here is my nemisis--a medicine cabinet so deep we can't tell what lurks at the back. Every single member of the family takes supplies in and out of this space too. All of this is a recipe for total chaos. We eventually want to install those sliding drawer things, but I really need to tame this beast now. Stay tuned for after photos hopefully coming soon.

Considering my husband almost didn't marry me based on how my apartment looked when we were dating . . . I've come a tremendously long way. Of course my twins were 3 at the time. Feel free to address comment to him about it. Ha ha.  He had his reasons which  I really can't go into. And he is amazingly understanding now that he knows my brain just doesn't work to organize automatically the way his does. Some people are born organizers and some have to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment