Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Orange You Glad It's Not Pink

Sorry, I couldn't resist since my last 2 post featured pink, a color I generally avoided like the plague. Growing up in the 70's with a feminist mom . . . well, let's just say "princess" was not in our vocabulary! I had some kind of issue with not wanting to be too weak, and I associated feminine with weak for some reason. So pink was totally out. 
Actually, orange was a "bad" color too when I was young. As a Tuscaloosa native and big Crimson Tide fan, orange was associated with Auburn--the ultimate evil in my mind when I was younger! Then there's Tennessee. Don't sing RockyTop unless you want me to go postal. I've learned to accept that Auburn is a good school and that orange is not evil. So you know, live and learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment